Do you need a WooCommerce Gift Certificates plugin for your store?
Do you need a WooCommerce Gift Cards plugin for your store?
WooCommerce Gift Certificates Pro allows you to sell gift certificates and gift cards and/or store credits and vouchers in your online store, in any denomination that you want – or you let the shopper set their own amount.
Unquestionably the best and most powerful gift certificates and gift cards plugin available for WooCommerce, and worth every penny.
Partial Feature List
And, easy to use – check out this summary of features:
- Sell gift certificates as standalone products, or as an added bonus to an existing product.
- Optionally let your shoppers set the amount of the gift certificate they want to purchase, and you optionally define a minimum amount.
- Optionally configure your gift certificate products as product variations for shoppers to easily pick an amount pre-defined by you.
- Optionally add gift certificates / store credit / coupon codes to any product, and when someone buys that product they automatically receive the related voucher codes.
- You set the voucher type and all other parameters — just like creating a WooCommerce store coupon.
- Voucher codes are automatically generated and issued to the buyer as soon as an order is marked as Processing or Completed, depending on which setting you choose.
- Voucher codes are totally unique codes – for increased security.
- Optionally supply your own list of voucher codes to be used when generating new vouchers – great for Point of Sale (POS) system integration!
- One unique voucher code is generated for each quantity of an associated product. So for example, if you create a product specifically to sell gift certificates, or you offer a gift certificate with the purchase of an existing product, or offer a coupon code with the purchase of an item, and a person puts 3 of those items in their cart, checks out, and pays for the order, then 3 unique gift voucher codes are generated and delivered via email.
- Buyers have the option of receiving the voucher codes themselves or having those codes delivered to the recipient of their choice — all via ermail, instantly
- When shoppers purchase multiple vouchers they can opt to email them directly to multiple recipients using simple form fields on the checkout page
- Voucher form fields on the checkout page form fields can be fully customized
- Each shopper’s My Account page has a list of all available vouchers along with type, amount, and other associated data
- Manage all your voucher codes from the WooCommerce coupons interface.
- Optionally set your coupon/discount related voucher codes for single one-time use, or allow them to be used multiple times.
- Optionally set your gift certificates / store credits to automatically be deleted when the balance reaches zero.
- Optionally set your gift certificates / store credits to expire on a specific date.
- Optionally set the number of days after purchase that your gift certificates / store credits ( and coupons ) expire.
- Optionally set your gift certificates / store credits so that they can only be used by the buyer. Otherwise anyone with the voucher code can use it.
- Set your own voucher code prefixes, which helps you easily determine which codes are related to which product sales.
- You control all product settings in an easy-to-use custom meta box available on the WooCommerce product editor page.
- Customize your certificates to fit your brand by editing the included email template and adjusting plugin settings.
- Customize many aspects of the email template right from your WordPress dashboard by adjusting the plugin settings. For example, change the message subject, header text, and more.
- Optionally enable the PDF vouchers feature to create totally custom gift certificates, gift cards, and vouchers. The plugin comes with a complete Voucher Template editor to create a nearly unlimited array of styles. Attach any number of voucher styles to a product and buyers can select the style they prefer. Great for selling gift certificates for holidays, birthdays, and other special occasions!
- Optionally include QR Codes in your gift certificates / vouchers. Great for issuing printed certificates for purchases in a street-front store.
- Optionally insert barcodes into your PDF vouchers – great for integrating into a Point of Sale (POS) system!
- Powerful reporting interface lets you generate a list of all codes issued to date. Report data includes code, buyer, order number, date of purchase, type of voucher, amount of voucher, and recipient information. And, you can easily search within a report to find exactly what you’re looking for. Plus, you can export your reports to CSV, Excel, PDF, clipboard, or print – all with one click of a button!
- Preview your email template right from your WordPress dashboard – without having to place a test order first.
- Preview your PDF voucher styles right from your WordPress dashboard – without having to place a test order first.
- View voucher numbers, voucher recipients, and voucher balance directly from within an order.
- Update voucher balances directly from within an order.
- Optionally use your own custom voucher codes
- Complete support for UTF-8 characters in vouchers
- Optionally disable sending vouchers via email. Great for companies that want to use regular mail to deliver vouchers
- Optionally generate a custom PDF gift certificate voucher any time, useful when you want to send gift certificate by postal mail
- And more!
- PLUS – our 5-star support via email and phone
See the screenshots tab above!
Have questions? Give us a call or use our contact form and we’d be happy to help.
Compatibility: WooCommerce 2.1.x and newer
Current plugin version: 3.5.29
AFTER YOU BUY THIS BE SURE TO REVIEW THE DOCUMENTATION CAREFULLY!
We keep all of our software up to date with the latest versions of WooCommerce and WordPress.
If you don't see any recent changes below it's because none have become necessary!
Version 3.5.29 - April 5, 2017
WooCommerce 3.0 compatibility
Version 3.5.28 - December 20, 2016
Replaced substr() with strpos() in the voucher generator class
Version 3.5.27 - December 17, 2016
Updated the scripts base URL to handle sites that use SSL in the admin area
New Feature: Added voucher resend buttons to the order details
Version 3.5.26 - August 23, 2016
Replaced deprecated shop order status query vars
Version 3.5.25 - July 29, 2016
Updated text translations in for the "suggested price" text fields from the settings
Version 3.5.24 - July 20, 2016
Added hidden input field to disable popup from "Added to Cart" when the "YI" plugin is in use on a site and the Gift Certs plugin is set to allow shoppers to set their own voucher amount.
Version 3.5.23 - May 5, 2016
Removed duplicate variable declaration
Version 3.5.22 - February 21, 2016
Suppress harmless warning messages
Adjusted processing for the new product setting added in v3.5.21
Version 3.5.21 - January 29, 2016
Added new product setting to add tax to the issued voucher amount when the buyer sets their own amount for a gift cert
Version 3.5.20 - January 12, 2016
Updated core processing of gift cert data from checkout to better address new product setting added in v3.5.19
Version 3.5.19 - January 11, 2016
Added new product setting to help sell a product at one price and issue a voucher at a different price
Version 3.5.18 - December 22, 2015
Removed fee test code
Version 3.5.17 - December 22, 2015
Updated to ensure gift certs usage calcuations take into consideration any fees added to the cart
Version 3.5.16 - December 17, 2015
Updated manual PDF generation to include voucher expiration date if that field is included in the voucher template
Version 3.5.15 - December 15, 2015
Updated product settings to allow more than one product to be selected for inclusion and exclusion validity
Version 3.5.14 - December 13, 2015
Ensure QR code links to the coupon when an admin manually generates a PDF voucher from the voucher template page
Version 3.5.13 - November 24, 2015
Fixed typo in the upgrader class
Version 3.5.12 - November 2, 2015
Added field setting to align text ( left, right, or center )
Added new "arbitrary text" field to easily insert text into a voucher
Version 3.5.11 - October 29, 2015
Udpate to allow use of European style thousand and decimal separators when shoppers can set their own gift certificate price
Version 3.5.10 - October 22, 2015
Added ability for gift certificates to be applied to the cart when other coupons with "individual use" is turned on
Version 3.5.9 - September 22, 2015
Remove deprecated variable reference
Version 3.5.8 - September 10, 2015
Updated hooks for WooCommerce 2.3.x and newer
Version 3.5.7 - July 3, 2015
Check for empty meta values when creating a voucher coupon
Version 3.5.6 - June 15, 2015
Tweaked CSS for product edit screen
Version 3.5.5 - June 12, 2015
General code refactoring
Moved product related settings
Version 3.5.4 - May 4, 2015
Replace deprecated functions
Version 3.5.3 - April 26, 2015
Ensure coupons are emailed to recipients if recipients are specified by the shopper.
NEW - all coupon type emails include a PDF if that feature is enabled for the product.
Version 3.5.2 - February 18, 2015
Fixed backward compatibility with WooCommerce 2.2 and earlier
Version 3.5.1 - February 12, 2015
Added Thai language character for PDF vouchers
Version 3.5 - February 3, 2015
WooCommerce 2.3 compatibility
Modified hook used to calculate totals since WooCommerce 2.3 and new no longer allow a coupon setting to indicate whether a coupon is applied before or after tax, thus now Gift Certificates Pro always applies the gift certificate AFTER taxes, shipping etc.
Version 3.4.7 - January 7, 2015
Updated gift certificate processing to ensure that the use of multiple certs in one order debits the cert balance correctly
Version 3.4.6 - November 24, 2014
Updated PDF generator subsystem for better QR Code handling
Updated QR Code handling for email message content when the code is set to link to the the coupon
Version 3.4.5 - November 20, 2014
Remove unnecessary debug code
Clarified the "Order Status Trigger" setting in the settings page and in the documentation
Version 3.4.4 - November 13, 2014
Added new mail header filter 'ignitewoo_voucher_email_headers' so that developers can add BCC headers, etc.
Version 3.4.3 - November 5, 2014
Update add call for QR code generation to ensure the necessary parameters are passed to the associated function
Added ability to generate a PDF Voucher when editing any voucher template
Version 3.4.2 - November 3, 2014
Updated settings detection for sending admin copy of gift certificates
Version 3.4.1 - October 28, 2014
Updated to obey field length limits for message and recipient data
Version 3.4 - September 18, 2014
WooCommerce 2.2 compatibility
Version 3.3.26 - August 14, 2014
Adjust value checking so that a voucher can be set to zero when editing an order
Version 3.3.25 - June 10, 2014
Fixed a typo
Version 3.3.24 June 9, 2014
Updated to support QR code link option for linking to order or coupon
Version 3.3.23 May 12, 2014
Tweak string vars for easier lang translations
Version 3.3.22 April 30, 2014
Updated voucher template to encode URLs for QR codes.
Version 3.3.21 April 24, 2014
Added new setting and feature to totaly disable sending vouchers via email
Version 3.3.20 April 16, 2014
Updated the HTML output for My Vouchers in the My Account page to format the date
Version 3.3.19 April 14, 2014
Updated the template for My Account to format the date
Version 3.3.18 April 8, 2014
Updated to support email address storage in WooCommerce 2.1.x.
Updated to support yet more changes in WooCommerce 2.1.x files.
Version 3.3.17 March 27, 2014
Added product short description to the list of available fields that can be inserted into a PDF voucher
Version 3.3.16 March 17, 2014
Added UTF-8 character support to gift certificate vouchers
Version 3.3.15 March 15, 2014
Fixed post type name in the new upater function
Version 3.3.14 March 14, 2014
Fixed query that updates codes to lower case
Version 3.3.13 March 14, 2014
Update all coupon codes to lower case. Fixes issued caused by changes in WooCommerce
Version 3.3.12 March 13, 2014
Added code to store product category selections when creating a gift cert
Version 3.3.11 February 20, 2014
Tweaked CSS for WooCommerce 2.1
Version 3.3.10 February 6, 2014
Tweak for Euro symbol handling
Version 3.3.9 January 20, 2014
WooCommerce 2.1 compatibility
Version 3.3.8 January 15, 2014
Added support for Euro currency symbol
Version 3.3.7 January 12, 2014
Added feature to allow custom codes to be used per-product
Version 3.3.6 December 15, 2013
Modified checkout template to show actual voucher value, not sale price
Version 3.3.5 December 15, 2013
Fixed update notice messages
Fixed condition where voucher may not always be attached to a message when only one voucher style is available.
Updated for WooCommerce 2.1 compatibility
Version 3.3.4 December 13, 2013
Changed hook priority for gift cert pricing when shopper can set their own amount
Version 3.3.3 December 13, 2013
Fixed permissions for accessing Voucher Templates
Version 3.3.2 December 12, 2013
Fixed template paths for templates loaded when shoppers can set their own Gift Cert price
Version 3.3.1 December 11, 2013
Fixed script and css paths for the reporting interface
Version 3.3 December 6, 2013
Added PDF attachment capabilities when selling gift certificates / store credits / vouchers
Added voucher codes and recipient info with the order item meta data so the codes can be seen when editing an order
Added ability to adjust voucher balances directly within the associated order
Added ability for customers to download their vouchers from their My Account page
Added support for barcodes in attached vouchers
Added support for using your own custom coupon codes
Added more variables for email templating
Version 3.2.2 November 26, 2013
Fixed condition where gift certs were not generated correctly in some instances when multiple items are in the cart.
Version 3.2.1 November 18, 2013
Fixed calculation error that happens when a gift cert / store credit is applied to the cart
Version 3.2 November 6, 2013
* NOTICE: When upgrading to v3.2 be sure to update the plugin settings and check for any necessary adjustments you need to make to any custom modifications for the plugin's template files!
Added data updater to ease future upgrades and feature integrations.
Modified plugin code and checkout form template so that one set of fields per gift certificate now appears on the checkout page.
Gift Certificates can now be emailed to multiple recipients using the multi-recipient forms during checkout.
Fixed discount calculation display to only show the amount of a cert being used
Fixed bug that happens when more than one cert is applied to an order - now only the used amount is deducted from each cert
Added template for My Account page that shows the customer's available gift certs / store credits / vouchers / coupons - and related data.
* NOTICE: when taxes are included in the price ( as opposed to having taxes separate from price ) and a buyer purchases more than one gift certificate, WooCommerce removes the tax from the line item total when recording the order. As a result, when the plugin calculates how much value to use when creating certificate it divides the line item total by the quantity and rounds the result to 2 decimal places. This may create conditions where a penny is added to a given gift certificate. For example: 7.895 rounds to 7.90.
Version 3.1.16 October 29, 2013
Moved gift cert checkout form HTML to a template file so it can be customized
Version 3.1.15 October 22, 2013
Fixed condition where deactivating WooCommerce causes this plugin to generate fatal errors.
Version 3.1.14 October 16, 2013
Removed coupon description field from Gift Cert / Store Credit configuration since it interferes with the product short description.
Add class checking to avoid fatal errors during upgrade of WooCommerce
Fixed condition where coupons might be generated more than once
Version 3.1.13 Sept 23, 2013
Fixed regression bug for multiple email headers
Version 3.1.12 Sept 23, 2013
New Feature: Automatically set expiration date for gift cert / store credit ( or coupons )
Version 3.1.11 Sept 23, 2013
Fixed script loading for data tables in reporting area - now only loads on the gift cert report page
Version 3.1.10 Sept 23, 2013
Fixed double email header for gift cert emails when order status is Processing
Strict Standards compatibility
Version 3.1.9 Sept 18, 2013
Fixed issue where email messages did not contain a header and footer when using a trigger of "Processing"
Fixed QR Code URL encoding
Version 3.1.8 Sept 13, 2013
Fixed issue with gift certs / store credit where shopper sets their own cert / credit amount. Generated vouchers were not considering item quantity as factored against line item total.
Version 3.1.7 Sept 13, 2013
Variable products get a gift cert / store credit amount of the "regular price" of the product. Simple products get an amount of whatever value is set for the coupon amount.
Fixed loop where if someone bought more than gift cert / store credit then each one may not always be created
Version 3.1.6 Sept 6, 2013
Added feature to turn off displaying voucher message on the product page - e.g. "This product comes with [...] "
Add feature to set which order status is used to determine when vouchers are issued. You can choose Processing or Completed.
Fixed variation ID detection
Version 3.1.5 Sept 6, 2013
Fixed file name for class include
Version 3.1.4 Sept 4, 2013
Changed init hook for reports
Version 3.1.3 August 30, 2013
Fixed gift cert voucher amount assigned to the coupon for proper processing when the buyer sets the amount.
Version 3.1.2 August 29, 2013
Fixed meta variable name
Version 3.1.1 August 15, 2013
Fixed PHP version difference issue that might cause older versions of PHP 5.x to generate 500 Internet Server Error
Version 3.1 August 14, 2013
Fixed voucher email voucher amount for gift certificates where the buyer sets the price.
Version 3.0 August 12, 2013
REQURIES WooCommerce 2.x or newer.
NEW: Admins can configure gift certificate products so that shoppers can set their own gift certificate amount when purchasing standalone gift certificates. This is ONLY meant to be used when selling gift certificates as products - e.g. this does not apply when you offer a free gift certificate as an add-on to a product.
NEW: The plugin now support selling gift certificates as variable products.
NEW: Removed phpqrcode generator code to improve QR code generation rely ability. Add new filter, "ignitewoo_gift_certs_qr_code_url", to intercept the QR code link URl for custom processing.
Version 2.4.3 July 25, 2013
Unhook strtolower filter than sometimes caused product titles to become all lower case.
Added test for post autosave to avoid draft products getting an incorrect title
Version 2.4.2 May 4, 2013
Added CSS to display Save Draft button on the product edit page since this is hidden by WooCommerce when displaying the coupons metabox.
Version 2.4.1 March 24, 2013
Added hooks to prevent WooCommerce from setting the post title to lowercase when a Gift Certificate product is being configured.
Version 2.4 March 8, 2013
Added support for WooCommerce 2.0
Version 2.3.5 - January 31, 2013
Fixed an issue where QR Code may not display in the gift certificate email delivered to the customer
Version 2.3.4 - January 31, 2013
Changed textdomain to "ignitewoo_gift_certs"
Version 2.3.3 - January 31, 2013
Updated to display permalink field when editing products - woocommerce removes it when the coupon box is displayed.
Version 2.3.2 - January 4, 2013
Updated to support automatic updates
Version 2.3.1 - December 19, 2012
- Fix for script loading issue that breaks JS in the WP admin area
Version 2.3 - December 14, 2012
- Revised the voucher_email.php template file to be more flexible.
**** If you have edited the template be sure to review the new template
contents before upgrading ****
- Added configuration page for adjusting many aspects of the email template.
Visit WooCommerce -> Settings -> Gift Certs to view the new settings
- Added support for QR Codes in the email templates.
When scanned, the QR Code takes an administrator to the related store order
in the WordPress admin panel. Regular users who scan the code cannot access
that area since they are not administrators.
- Added email template preview window, so admins can review what an email will
look like without having to place a test order. Preview window is located on the
new settings page.
- Added new reporting interface to quickly get a list of all codes / vouchers.
Visit WooCommerce -> Reports -> Gift Certs / Store Credits to generate a report.
Version 2.2.3 - December 12, 2012
- Fixed missing slash relating to gift cert template file
Version 2.2.2 - November 27, 2012
- Added feature to restrict gift cert/voucher use to the buyer of the voucher/gift cert
Version 2.2.1 - July 2012
- Fixed minor issue with "fixed cart" coupon type
Version 2.2 - July 2012
- Fixed missing div close
Version 2.1 - July 2012
- Initial public release
Version 2.0 - April 2012
- Made codes adjustments for various order status conditions
Version 1.0 - February 2012
Initial development and distributed for private use