Your privacy is critically important to us. At IgniteWoo, we have a few fundamental principles:
We are the folks behind a variety of products sold at IgniteWoo.com.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect this information from two: if and when you provide information to us, and automatically through operating our Services. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
* **Basic account information:** We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who purchase from us to provide an email address and password, along with a username or name, and address infomation.
* **Payment and contact information:** If you buy something from us we’ll collect information to process those payments and contact you. If you buy something from us you’ll provide additional personal and payment information like your name, credit card information, and contact information. We also keep a record of the purchases you’ve made.
* **Communications with us:** You may also provide us with information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our support team about a support question, post a question in our public forums, or sign up for a newsletter. When you communicate with us via form, email, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications,
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
* **Log information:** Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
* **Location information:** We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
* **To provide our Services.** For example, to set up and maintain your account, provide customer service, process payments and orders, and verify user information.
* **To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services.** For example, by providing automatic upgrades and new versions of our Services. Or, for example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy.
* **To market our Services and measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing.** For example, by targeting our marketing messages to groups of our users, advertising our Services, analyzing the results of our marketing campaigns, and understanding and forecasting user retention.
* **To protect our Services, our users, and the public.** For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of IgniteWoo and others, which may result in us, for example, declining a transaction or terminating Services.
* **To fix problems with our Services.** For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
* **To customize the user experience.** For example, to personalize your experience by serving you relevant notifications and advertisements for our Services.
* **To communicate with you.** For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our products, or keep you up to date on IgniteWoo. If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time. (If you opt out, we’ll still send you important updates relating to your account.)
* **To recruit and hire new staff. For example, by evaluating job applicants and communicating with them.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account — for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; and to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent — for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later.
How We Share Information
We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy. These are spelled out below, as well as in the section called [Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others].
* **Third-party vendors:** We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, payment providers you use for your own ecommerce operations, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, cloud storage services, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you; those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g., by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns, and by placing ads to market our services); those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers); those that make tools to help us run our operations (like programs that help us with task management, scheduling, word processing, email and other communications, and collaboration among our teams); other third-party tools that help us manage operations. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
* **Legal and regulatory requirements:** We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
* **To protect rights, property, and others:** We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of IgniteWoo, third parties, or the public at large.
* **With your consent:** We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties when you authorize us to do so.
* **Aggregated or de-identified information:** We may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services, or share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
* **Published support requests:** If you send us a request for assistance (for example, via a support email or one of our other feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to clarify or respond to your request, or to help us support other users.
We have a long-standing policy that we do not sell our users’ data. We aren’t a data broker, we don’t sell your personal information to data brokers, and we don’t sell your information to other companies that want to spam you with marketing emails.
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we’re not legally required to keep it. For example, we keep web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of IgniteWoo’s websites, like the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to IgniteWoo’s websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
* **Limit the information that you provide:** If you have an account with us, you can choose close your account. Please keep in mind that if you close your account then any products you’ve purchased will no longer be accessible via our site and you might also not receive product support. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above — for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
* **Opt out of marketing communications:** You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
* **Set your browser to reject cookies:** At this time, IgniteWoo does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can [usually choose](https://automattic.com/cookies/#controlling-cookies) to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using IgniteWoo’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of IgniteWoo’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to provide California residents with some additional information about the categories of personal information we collect and share, where we get that personal information, and how and why we use it. The CCPA also requires us to provide a list of the “categories” of personal information we collect, as that term is defined in the law, so, here it is. In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information from California residents, depending on the Services used:
You can find more information about what we collect and sources of that information in the Information We Collect section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the How and Why We Use Information section. And we share this information with the categories of third parties described in the Sharing Information section. If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
You can contact us about one of the rights, use the Contact Us page on our site where you can submit a message to us or find a phone number that you can use to call us. When you contact us about one of your rights under this section, we’ll need to verify that you are the right person before we disclose or delete anything. For example, if you are a user, we will need you to contact us from the email address associated with your account. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by giving us written authorization. We may still require you to verify your identity with us.
IgniteWoo’s Services are worldwide. IgniteWoo is a trade name for our US-based company, Ignition Media, Inc.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others