The most powerful gift certificate, gift voucher, and gift card plugin in the known universe.
WooCommerce Gift Certificates Pro
Have a look at all these powerful features:
Fixed Price or Shopper’s Price
Sell gift certificates, gift vouchers, and gift cards with fixed prices, or you can allow your shoppers to set their own price. And, you can sell gift certificates as standalone products, or issue them as a bonus when an existing product is purchased.
Create custom PDF vouchers templates with an easy drag and drop interface. Tailor them to fit your brand, and if you want create special vouchers for special occasions. And, they’re automatically delivered to your buyers, or the recipients specified by buyers.
Easily add QR codes that, when scanned by an administrator or shop manager brings you directly to the voucher’s details on your site, or the order details for the order in which the voucher was purchased – your choice.
Easily add barcodes. It’s a great features for redeeming in person in street-front store or venue, and integration into your point of sale system.
Custom Voucher Codes
Use your own custom voucher codes or let the software generate unique codes for you, and you can add your own prefix to the automatically generated codes.
Send as Text or PDF
Choose to have gift certificates, gift vouchers, and gift cards delivered via email as a regular text message, or a customized PDF voucher as a file attachment. You can even disable automatic delivery and deliver them via postal mail or in person.
Custom Email Messages
Customize the email message content of the message sent to buyers. Easily create different messages for different gift certificate, gift voucher, and gift card products.
Automatic Balance Tracking
Online voucher use is automatically tracked, so the software always knows the remaining balance when vouchers are used online in your web store. Shoppers can never use more than the remaining balance.
Control Validity and Restrictions
Optional set validity restrictions on your vouchers. For example, add an expiration date, include or exclude products the voucher can be used to purchase, and more.
Manually Create Vouchers
You can manually create gift certificates and store credits any time you need to, quickly and easily.
Use Online or Offline
Vouchers can be used online in your web store or offline in your store on the street, and you can usually integrate vouchers into your point of sale system if you have one.
Designed to run smoothly on sites of all sizes. Gift Certificates Pro is high performance, professionally built and professionally supported. You can rely on it to help boost your sales.
- Sell gift certificates as standalone products, or as an added bonus to an existing product.
- Optionally let your shoppers set the amount of the gift certificate they want to purchase, and you optionally define a minimum amount.
- Optionally configure your gift certificate products as product variations for shoppers to easily pick an amount pre-defined by you.
- Optionally add gift certificates / store credit / coupon codes to any product, and when someone buys that product they automatically receive the related voucher codes.
- You set the voucher type and all other parameters — just like creating a WooCommerce store coupon.
- Voucher codes are automatically generated and issued to the buyer as soon as an order is marked as Processing or Completed, depending on which setting you choose.
- Voucher codes are totally unique codes – for increased security.
- Optionally supply your own list of voucher codes to be used when generating new vouchers – great for Point of Sale (POS) system integration!
- One unique voucher code is generated for each quantity of an associated product. So for example, if you create a product specifically to sell gift certificates, or you offer a gift certificate with the purchase of an existing product, or offer a coupon code with the purchase of an item, and a person puts 3 of those items in their cart, checks out, and pays for the order, then 3 unique gift voucher codes are generated and delivered via email.
- Buyers have the option of receiving the voucher codes themselves or having those codes delivered to the recipient of their choice — all via ermail, instantly
- When shoppers purchase multiple vouchers they can opt to email them directly to multiple recipients using simple form fields on the checkout page
- Voucher form fields on the checkout page form fields can be fully customized
- Each shopper’s My Account page has a list of all available vouchers along with type, amount, and other associated data
- Manage all your voucher codes from the WooCommerce coupons interface.
- Optionally set your coupon/discount related voucher codes for single one-time use, or allow them to be used multiple times.
- Optionally set your gift certificates / store credits to automatically be deleted when the balance reaches zero.
- Optionally set your gift certificates / store credits to expire on a specific date.
- Optionally set the number of days after purchase that your gift certificates / store credits ( and coupons ) expire.
- Optionally set your gift certificates / store credits so that they can only be used by the buyer. Otherwise anyone with the voucher code can use it.
- Set your own voucher code prefixes, which helps you easily determine which codes are related to which product sales.
- You control all product settings in an easy-to-use custom meta box available on the WooCommerce product editor page.
- Customize your certificates to fit your brand by editing the included email template and adjusting plugin settings.
- Customize many aspects of the email template right from your WordPress dashboard by adjusting the plugin settings. For example, change the message subject, header text, and more.
- Optionally enable the PDF vouchers feature to create totally custom gift certificates, gift cards, and vouchers. The plugin comes with a complete Voucher Template editor to create a nearly unlimited array of styles. Attach any number of voucher styles to a product and buyers can select the style they prefer. Great for selling gift certificates for holidays, birthdays, and other special occasions!
- Optionally include QR Codes in your gift certificates / vouchers. Great for issuing printed certificates for purchases in a street-front store.
- Optionally insert barcodes into your PDF vouchers – great for integrating into a Point of Sale (POS) system!
- Powerful reporting interface lets you generate a list of all codes issued to date. Report data includes code, buyer, order number, date of purchase, type of voucher, amount of voucher, and recipient information. And, you can easily search within a report to find exactly what you’re looking for. Plus, you can export your reports to CSV, Excel, PDF, clipboard, or print – all with one click of a button!
- Preview your email template right from your WordPress dashboard – without having to place a test order first.
- Preview your PDF voucher styles right from your WordPress dashboard – without having to place a test order first.
- View voucher numbers, voucher recipients, and voucher balance directly from within an order.
- Update voucher balances directly from within an order.
- Optionally use your own custom voucher codes
- Complete support for UTF-8 characters in vouchers
- Optionally disable sending vouchers via email. Great for companies that want to use regular mail to deliver vouchers
- Optionally generate a custom PDF gift certificate voucher any time, useful when you want to send gift certificate by postal mail
- And more!
- PLUS – our 5-star support via email and phone
Have questions? Give us a call or use our contact form and we’d be happy to help.
We keep all of our software up to date with the latest versions of WooCommerce and WordPress.
If you don't see any recent changes below it's because none have become necessary!
Version 3.5.39 - August 23, 2017 Round prices before comparing so that sites that use more an 2 decimal places compare correctly. Version 3.5.38 - August 23, 2017 Ensure wc_get_coupon_code_by_id() is not used unless the site is using WooCommerce 3.0 or newer Version 3.5.37 - August 23, 2017 Adjusted value checking for adjustable amount gift cert products when using EU style currency decimal and separators Adjusted the do_action call for coupon settings to pass the ID and coupon object Updated product search box for newer version of Select2 Version 3.5.36 - August 2, 2017 Updated the ign-compat functions to be in snyc with IgniteWoo's Wholesale Pro Suite software Version 3.5.35 - June 30, 2017 Tweaks to address further changes in WooCommerce 3.x Version 3.5.34 - June 21, 2017 Added new settings to allow admin to select where the recipients form appears on the checkout page Version 3.5.33 - June 21, 2017 Prevent the DataTables JS from running unless the Gift Certs Reports page is being viewed Version 3.5.32 - May 10, 2017 Adjusted report script loading and report processing Version 3.5.31 - May 1, 2017 Adjust JS code for resending vouchers Re-instate the gift certificate metabox on the order details page Version 3.5.30 - April 12, 2017 Updated reports for WooCommerce 3.x Version 3.5.29 - April 5, 2017 WooCommerce 3.0 compatibility Version 3.5.28 - December 20, 2016 Replaced substr() with strpos() in the voucher generator class Version 3.5.27 - December 17, 2016 Updated the scripts base URL to handle sites that use SSL in the admin area New Feature: Added voucher resend buttons to the order details Version 3.5.26 - August 23, 2016 Replaced deprecated shop order status query vars Version 3.5.25 - July 29, 2016 Updated text translations in for the "suggested price" text fields from the settings Version 3.5.24 - July 20, 2016 Added hidden input field to disable popup from "Added to Cart" when the "YI" plugin is in use on a site and the Gift Certs plugin is set to allow shoppers to set their own voucher amount. Version 3.5.23 - May 5, 2016 Removed duplicate variable declaration Version 3.5.22 - February 21, 2016 Suppress harmless warning messages Adjusted processing for the new product setting added in v3.5.21 Version 3.5.21 - January 29, 2016 Added new product setting to add tax to the issued voucher amount when the buyer sets their own amount for a gift cert Version 3.5.20 - January 12, 2016 Updated core processing of gift cert data from checkout to better address new product setting added in v3.5.19 Version 3.5.19 - January 11, 2016 Added new product setting to help sell a product at one price and issue a voucher at a different price Version 3.5.18 - December 22, 2015 Removed fee test code Version 3.5.17 - December 22, 2015 Updated to ensure gift certs usage calcuations take into consideration any fees added to the cart Version 3.5.16 - December 17, 2015 Updated manual PDF generation to include voucher expiration date if that field is included in the voucher template Version 3.5.15 - December 15, 2015 Updated product settings to allow more than one product to be selected for inclusion and exclusion validity Version 3.5.14 - December 13, 2015 Ensure QR code links to the coupon when an admin manually generates a PDF voucher from the voucher template page Version 3.5.13 - November 24, 2015 Fixed typo in the upgrader class Version 3.5.12 - November 2, 2015 Added field setting to align text ( left, right, or center ) Added new "arbitrary text" field to easily insert text into a voucher Version 3.5.11 - October 29, 2015 Udpate to allow use of European style thousand and decimal separators when shoppers can set their own gift certificate price Version 3.5.10 - October 22, 2015 Added ability for gift certificates to be applied to the cart when other coupons with "individual use" is turned on Version 3.5.9 - September 22, 2015 Remove deprecated variable reference Version 3.5.8 - September 10, 2015 Updated hooks for WooCommerce 2.3.x and newer Version 3.5.7 - July 3, 2015 Check for empty meta values when creating a voucher coupon Version 3.5.6 - June 15, 2015 Tweaked CSS for product edit screen Version 3.5.5 - June 12, 2015 General code refactoring Moved product related settings Version 3.5.4 - May 4, 2015 Replace deprecated functions Version 3.5.3 - April 26, 2015 Ensure coupons are emailed to recipients if recipients are specified by the shopper. NEW - all coupon type emails include a PDF if that feature is enabled for the product. Version 3.5.2 - February 18, 2015 Fixed backward compatibility with WooCommerce 2.2 and earlier Version 3.5.1 - February 12, 2015 Added Thai language character for PDF vouchers Version 3.5 - February 3, 2015 WooCommerce 2.3 compatibility Modified hook used to calculate totals since WooCommerce 2.3 and new no longer allow a coupon setting to indicate whether a coupon is applied before or after tax, thus now Gift Certificates Pro always applies the gift certificate AFTER taxes, shipping etc. Version 3.4.7 - January 7, 2015 Updated gift certificate processing to ensure that the use of multiple certs in one order debits the cert balance correctly Version 3.4.6 - November 24, 2014 Updated PDF generator subsystem for better QR Code handling Updated QR Code handling for email message content when the code is set to link to the the coupon Version 3.4.5 - November 20, 2014 Remove unnecessary debug code Clarified the "Order Status Trigger" setting in the settings page and in the documentation Version 3.4.4 - November 13, 2014 Added new mail header filter 'ignitewoo_voucher_email_headers' so that developers can add BCC headers, etc. Version 3.4.3 - November 5, 2014 Update add call for QR code generation to ensure the necessary parameters are passed to the associated function Added ability to generate a PDF Voucher when editing any voucher template Version 3.4.2 - November 3, 2014 Updated settings detection for sending admin copy of gift certificates Version 3.4.1 - October 28, 2014 Updated to obey field length limits for message and recipient data Version 3.4 - September 18, 2014 WooCommerce 2.2 compatibility Version 3.3.26 - August 14, 2014 Adjust value checking so that a voucher can be set to zero when editing an order Version 3.3.25 - June 10, 2014 Fixed a typo Version 3.3.24 June 9, 2014 Updated to support QR code link option for linking to order or coupon Version 3.3.23 May 12, 2014 Tweak string vars for easier lang translations Version 3.3.22 April 30, 2014 Updated voucher template to encode URLs for QR codes. Version 3.3.21 April 24, 2014 Added new setting and feature to totaly disable sending vouchers via email Version 3.3.20 April 16, 2014 Updated the HTML output for My Vouchers in the My Account page to format the date Version 3.3.19 April 14, 2014 Updated the template for My Account to format the date Version 3.3.18 April 8, 2014 Updated to support email address storage in WooCommerce 2.1.x. Updated to support yet more changes in WooCommerce 2.1.x files. Version 3.3.17 March 27, 2014 Added product short description to the list of available fields that can be inserted into a PDF voucher Version 3.3.16 March 17, 2014 Added UTF-8 character support to gift certificate vouchers Version 3.3.15 March 15, 2014 Fixed post type name in the new upater function Version 3.3.14 March 14, 2014 Fixed query that updates codes to lower case Version 3.3.13 March 14, 2014 Update all coupon codes to lower case. Fixes issued caused by changes in WooCommerce Version 3.3.12 March 13, 2014 Added code to store product category selections when creating a gift cert Version 3.3.11 February 20, 2014 Tweaked CSS for WooCommerce 2.1 Version 3.3.10 February 6, 2014 Tweak for Euro symbol handling Version 3.3.9 January 20, 2014 WooCommerce 2.1 compatibility Version 3.3.8 January 15, 2014 Added support for Euro currency symbol Version 3.3.7 January 12, 2014 Added feature to allow custom codes to be used per-product Version 3.3.6 December 15, 2013 Modified checkout template to show actual voucher value, not sale price Version 3.3.5 December 15, 2013 Fixed update notice messages Fixed condition where voucher may not always be attached to a message when only one voucher style is available. Updated for WooCommerce 2.1 compatibility Version 3.3.4 December 13, 2013 Changed hook priority for gift cert pricing when shopper can set their own amount Version 3.3.3 December 13, 2013 Fixed permissions for accessing Voucher Templates Version 3.3.2 December 12, 2013 Fixed template paths for templates loaded when shoppers can set their own Gift Cert price Version 3.3.1 December 11, 2013 Fixed script and css paths for the reporting interface Version 3.3 December 6, 2013 Added PDF attachment capabilities when selling gift certificates / store credits / vouchers Added voucher codes and recipient info with the order item meta data so the codes can be seen when editing an order Added ability to adjust voucher balances directly within the associated order Added ability for customers to download their vouchers from their My Account page Added support for barcodes in attached vouchers Added support for using your own custom coupon codes Added more variables for email templating Version 3.2.2 November 26, 2013 Fixed condition where gift certs were not generated correctly in some instances when multiple items are in the cart. Version 3.2.1 November 18, 2013 Fixed calculation error that happens when a gift cert / store credit is applied to the cart Version 3.2 November 6, 2013 * NOTICE: When upgrading to v3.2 be sure to update the plugin settings and check for any necessary adjustments you need to make to any custom modifications for the plugin's template files! Added data updater to ease future upgrades and feature integrations. Modified plugin code and checkout form template so that one set of fields per gift certificate now appears on the checkout page. Gift Certificates can now be emailed to multiple recipients using the multi-recipient forms during checkout. Fixed discount calculation display to only show the amount of a cert being used Fixed bug that happens when more than one cert is applied to an order - now only the used amount is deducted from each cert Added template for My Account page that shows the customer's available gift certs / store credits / vouchers / coupons - and related data. * NOTICE: when taxes are included in the price ( as opposed to having taxes separate from price ) and a buyer purchases more than one gift certificate, WooCommerce removes the tax from the line item total when recording the order. As a result, when the plugin calculates how much value to use when creating certificate it divides the line item total by the quantity and rounds the result to 2 decimal places. This may create conditions where a penny is added to a given gift certificate. For example: 7.895 rounds to 7.90. Version 3.1.16 October 29, 2013 Moved gift cert checkout form HTML to a template file so it can be customized Version 3.1.15 October 22, 2013 Fixed condition where deactivating WooCommerce causes this plugin to generate fatal errors. Version 3.1.14 October 16, 2013 Removed coupon description field from Gift Cert / Store Credit configuration since it interferes with the product short description. Add class checking to avoid fatal errors during upgrade of WooCommerce Fixed condition where coupons might be generated more than once Version 3.1.13 Sept 23, 2013 Fixed regression bug for multiple email headers Version 3.1.12 Sept 23, 2013 New Feature: Automatically set expiration date for gift cert / store credit ( or coupons ) Version 3.1.11 Sept 23, 2013 Fixed script loading for data tables in reporting area - now only loads on the gift cert report page Version 3.1.10 Sept 23, 2013 Fixed double email header for gift cert emails when order status is Processing Strict Standards compatibility Version 3.1.9 Sept 18, 2013 Fixed issue where email messages did not contain a header and footer when using a trigger of "Processing" Fixed QR Code URL encoding Version 3.1.8 Sept 13, 2013 Fixed issue with gift certs / store credit where shopper sets their own cert / credit amount. Generated vouchers were not considering item quantity as factored against line item total. Version 3.1.7 Sept 13, 2013 Variable products get a gift cert / store credit amount of the "regular price" of the product. Simple products get an amount of whatever value is set for the coupon amount. Fixed loop where if someone bought more than gift cert / store credit then each one may not always be created Version 3.1.6 Sept 6, 2013 Added feature to turn off displaying voucher message on the product page - e.g. "This product comes with [...] " Add feature to set which order status is used to determine when vouchers are issued. You can choose Processing or Completed. Fixed variation ID detection Version 3.1.5 Sept 6, 2013 Fixed file name for class include Version 3.1.4 Sept 4, 2013 Changed init hook for reports Version 3.1.3 August 30, 2013 Fixed gift cert voucher amount assigned to the coupon for proper processing when the buyer sets the amount. Version 3.1.2 August 29, 2013 Fixed meta variable name Version 3.1.1 August 15, 2013 Fixed PHP version difference issue that might cause older versions of PHP 5.x to generate 500 Internet Server Error Version 3.1 August 14, 2013 Fixed voucher email voucher amount for gift certificates where the buyer sets the price. Version 3.0 August 12, 2013 REQURIES WooCommerce 2.x or newer. NEW: Admins can configure gift certificate products so that shoppers can set their own gift certificate amount when purchasing standalone gift certificates. This is ONLY meant to be used when selling gift certificates as products - e.g. this does not apply when you offer a free gift certificate as an add-on to a product. NEW: The plugin now support selling gift certificates as variable products. NEW: Removed phpqrcode generator code to improve QR code generation rely ability. Add new filter, "ignitewoo_gift_certs_qr_code_url", to intercept the QR code link URl for custom processing. Version 2.4.3 July 25, 2013 Unhook strtolower filter than sometimes caused product titles to become all lower case. Added test for post autosave to avoid draft products getting an incorrect title Version 2.4.2 May 4, 2013 Added CSS to display Save Draft button on the product edit page since this is hidden by WooCommerce when displaying the coupons metabox. Version 2.4.1 March 24, 2013 Added hooks to prevent WooCommerce from setting the post title to lowercase when a Gift Certificate product is being configured. Version 2.4 March 8, 2013 Added support for WooCommerce 2.0 Version 2.3.5 - January 31, 2013 Fixed an issue where QR Code may not display in the gift certificate email delivered to the customer Version 2.3.4 - January 31, 2013 Changed textdomain to "ignitewoo_gift_certs" Version 2.3.3 - January 31, 2013 Updated to display permalink field when editing products - woocommerce removes it when the coupon box is displayed. Version 2.3.2 - January 4, 2013 Updated to support automatic updates Version 2.3.1 - December 19, 2012 - Fix for script loading issue that breaks JS in the WP admin area Version 2.3 - December 14, 2012 - Revised the voucher_email.php template file to be more flexible. **** If you have edited the template be sure to review the new template contents before upgrading **** - Added configuration page for adjusting many aspects of the email template. Visit WooCommerce -> Settings -> Gift Certs to view the new settings - Added support for QR Codes in the email templates. When scanned, the QR Code takes an administrator to the related store order in the WordPress admin panel. Regular users who scan the code cannot access that area since they are not administrators. - Added email template preview window, so admins can review what an email will look like without having to place a test order. Preview window is located on the new settings page. - Added new reporting interface to quickly get a list of all codes / vouchers. Visit WooCommerce -> Reports -> Gift Certs / Store Credits to generate a report. Version 2.2.3 - December 12, 2012 - Fixed missing slash relating to gift cert template file Version 2.2.2 - November 27, 2012 - Added feature to restrict gift cert/voucher use to the buyer of the voucher/gift cert Version 2.2.1 - July 2012 - Fixed minor issue with "fixed cart" coupon type Version 2.2 - July 2012 - Fixed missing div close Version 2.1 - July 2012 - Initial public release Version 2.0 - April 2012 - Made codes adjustments for various order status conditions Version 1.0 - February 2012 Initial development and distributed for private use