Need to sell precious metals and automatically adjust metal prices?
Need to price your products based on their content of gold, silver, platinum or palladium?
WooCommerce Precious Metals gets the job done fast and efficiently by automatically downloading the current precious metal spot prices and adjusting the retail prices of your metal products. This greatly reduces your store pricing management and helps to protect against underpricing or overpricing your products.
Watch the video demo:
The plugin works for gold prices, silver prices, platinum prices, and palladium prices, and can be used with any form of metal sales, including coins, bars, bullion, jewelery, plated items, and more.
Here’s how it works: You create products, set the markup amount for each product, and assign the product to specific metal-related categories. With that done, the plugin automatically sets your retail prices based on the markup amount you define.
For example, lets say you’re selling 1 ounce US Gold Eagles, and you want the price of each coin to be spot price plus $50. Simply set your markup amount to 50 and you’re done. Or maybe you want to mark up the price by 10%. No problem, just set your markup amount to 10% and you’re done.
- Set the metal spot pricing update interval to any interval you prefer
- Set your markup as a percentage of spot price or a flat amount to be added to the spot price
- Optionally add a second markup if you need to
- Set your metal weight in grams or a troy weight ( such ounces, pounds, or kilograms ), or as pennyweight
- Optionally define the metal purity in a product to help calculate prices
- Optionally set a minimum product price in case metal prices fall too low
- Optionally close your store when the London markets are closed so that no purchases can be made
- Optionally cancel unpaid orders after any number of minutes
- Optionally set a checkout page timeout so that if the contents of the cart isn’t paid for in a certain amount of time then the cart expires
- Supports simple products, variable products, and grouped products
- Display current metal spot prices in grams or ounces anywhere on your site using simple shortcodes
- Display your “buy” prices anywhere on your site using a shortcode. This is helpful if you buy precious metals.
- Display current metal spot prices on your site in grams or ounces using the included widget
- Offers quantity volume discounts and charge different prices depending on payment method with our Precious Metals Discounts and Payment Fees add-on.
This plugin supports multiple live metal price feed sources. Review the information below for details.
When you use WooCommerce Precious Metals you can choose from four live metal spot price feed sources:
IgniteWoo provides a free feed for precious metal spot prices, updated several times a minute. This plugin has built-in support for the feed. The spot price data is obtained directly from a highly reputable metal data supplier located in the USA. The feed supports gold, silver, platinum, and palladium. When you use this plugin you gain unlimited access to the feed data at no additional cost as long as your product license key is valid.
IgniteWoo’s metal feed supports 169 currencies, including all currencies supported by WooCommerce, which as of WooCommerce v4.0 are AED, AFN, ALL, AMD, ANG, AOA, ARS, AUD, AWG, AZN, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BIF, BMD, BND, BOB, BRL, BSD, BTC, BTN, BWP, BYR, BYN, BZD, CAD, CDF, CHF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CUC, CUP, CVE, CZK, DJF, DKK, DOP, DZD, EGP, ERN, ETB, EUR, FJD, FKP, GBP, GEL, GGP, GHS, GIP, GMD, GNF, GTQ, GYD, HKD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, ILS, IMP, INR, IQD, IRR, IRT, ISK, JEP, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR, KMF, KPW, KRW, KWD, KYD, KZT, LAK, LBP, LKR, LRD, LSL, LYD, MAD, MDL, MGA, MKD, MMK, MNT, MOP, MRO, MUR, MVR, MWK, MXN, MYR, MZN, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, PRB, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SAR, SBD, SCR, SDG, SEK, SGD, SHP, SLL, SOS, SRD, SSP, STD, SYP, SZL, THB, TJS, TMT, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TWD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, UZS, VEF, VND, VUV, WST, XAF, XCD, XOF, XPF, YER, ZAR, ZMW.XMLCharts.com offers a paid metal spot price feed that is updated several times per minute. XMLCharts.com supports the following currencies AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CNY, EUR, GBP, INR, JPY, MXN, RUB, USD, and ZAR. For the paid feed you must provide your own paid XMLCharts XML feed URL. Fastmarkets.com offers customizable paid feeds. When using this extension with Fastmarkets be sure to read our documentation about how to have Fastmarkets design your feed. Gold-Feed.com offers a paid feed and claims to support “any currency.” You must provide your own Gold-feed.com XML feed URL.
We are not affiliated with XMLCharts.com, Fastmarkets.com, or Gold-feed.com in any way and we have no control over their metal prices or their currency support. We cannot vouch for claims made by them.
Note that this plugin does not support sale prices for products.
Compatibility: WooCommerce 4.0 and newer
Latest version: 3.1.1